Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Good Campsites / Re: Kilvrecht Campsite
« Last post by Tek76 on September 17, 2018, 09:48:37 AM »

Anywhere you don't have to use one of these for the toilet is a great place!
Good Campsites / Re: Kilvrecht Campsite
« Last post by jonny on September 17, 2018, 09:39:14 AM »
Thanks for the info, a good site for any planned Scotland trips  Gpost
Good Campsites / Kilvrecht Campsite
« Last post by caspoint220 on September 17, 2018, 09:31:18 AM »
Spent the weekend at Kilvrecht Campsite. https://scotland.forestry.gov.uk/forest-parks/tay-forest-park/kilvrecht-campsite

Its a forestry commission site located next to Loch Ranoch. Very basic facilities of flushing toilets and bucket shower wash rooms. Potable water taps, waste and chem disposal.

Easily found on google. Take the B roads from the A9, B road to the Village of Tarafour for a FANTASTIC drive (weather permitting) Full of switchbacks into the Glen. Single roads with passing places etc.

Loved it.
Information for guest browsers / A Warm Welcome
« Last post by Stevie-J on September 09, 2018, 11:45:06 PM »
Welcome and thanks for popping in.

A bit of info about the forum. This is a closed group and requires a small subscription to open up the the fruitfull information provided by our members. Here you can find Vehicle builds, mapping, trip information, video info and reviews as well as access to our guru team of mechanical engineers, fabricators and seasoned overland travellers.

There's more behind the door

Please email info@uk-overlanders.co.uk to join the forum, subscriptions fees are from £2.00 per annum for full access

Please tell us a preferred username to log in to the forum. We will create a generic password which you can change once logged in

Look forward to seeing you soon

The UK-OL Team
Good Campsites / Re: Campsites in Europe..
« Last post by Somerset_Andy on August 17, 2016, 08:44:43 PM »
Camping Maka allows fires. It has at least 8 large fire pits with sleepers arranged around them for seats. Many other campers had steel fire pits. The sites hosts Land Rover Club Netherlands events and they welcome overlanders.

Camping Rutti, no fires but believe me you don't need a fire there the stunning views at the head of the Lauterbrunnen Valley and the access via cable car to the top of the Schilthorn more than make up for a fire. Again the site welcomes overlanders. Great driving the alpine passes.
« Last post by Stevie-J on August 16, 2016, 11:15:55 PM »
Do they allow Campfires Andy, if they do I will add them to the list, if not I will create a new list for good general campsites
« Last post by Somerset_Andy on August 16, 2016, 09:13:32 PM »
Having just completed a 3 week Alps tour I have a couple of campsites worth a visit. Camping Maka in the Belgium Ardennes, and Camping Rutti in the Swiss Alps.
www.campingmaka.be
www.campingruetti.ch
Good Campsites / Re: Campsites That Allow Camp Fires
« Last post by tyrannosauROSS on July 13, 2016, 07:34:49 PM »
A very good website giving a ton of information on Campsites across Europe.

http://www.pitchup.com

Lots of them allow open fires, if they do, they say! Stayed on a lot of campsites through the website and so far they have all been great.

« Last post by Mark B on June 11, 2016, 06:26:35 PM »
Good clean site. Nice but basic shower/toilet block. 4 fields to pick from, each with its own bbq and seating area under cover. Plenty of EHU pionts .
@Steve. Please add my pics. Ta
http://www.cotswoldscamping.co.uk/
« Last post by Stevie-J on August 12, 2015, 10:48:09 PM »
 WHT Ok I will correct it now, I can pronounce it anyway  YKM
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10