Bolingy

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Happy days, more money saved!!!! hahahahaa tetrapole scrubbed off the list lol
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hello from me
« Last post by Tek76 on Today at 03:42:24 AM »
The ibex uses defender running gear and suspension. You can use any engine and gearbox within reason but defender/land rover is easier. I've used 200tdi out of my donor. Chassis and body is all foers.

The tomcat was discovery 1 chassis, engine and running gear. Tomcat spaceframe cage welded to my chassis and fibreglass body panels.
Mike
No surprise there, the 200's a bombproof engine for the most part.
Exhibitions & Events / Re: Adventure Overland Show - Summer Event
« Last post by Stevie-J on August 17, 2018, 11:02:06 PM »
There wont be a big stand like we have had before, just a few members in a group
Communication Equipment / Re: Zello Network Radio Communication Testing
« Last post by Stevie-J on August 17, 2018, 10:15:47 PM »
We managed to test the system all the way to Port Elizabeth in South Africa and again the audio was spot on. I agree with Sam, if your isolated so much from Cellular towers a Sat phone is the only solution. However this system does still allow safety tracking via GPS even if the cellular network is not strong enough.
« Last post by Stevie-J on August 17, 2018, 10:12:33 PM »
Yep that Ibex is stunning
« Last post by Miketomcat on August 17, 2018, 09:43:20 PM »
Some pictures of our camping trailer. We build this to go with either a ground tent or roof tent as a camp kitchen.
Mike
« Last post by Miketomcat on August 17, 2018, 09:34:38 PM »
The ibex uses defender running gear and suspension. You can use any engine and gearbox within reason but defender/land rover is easier. I've used 200tdi out of my donor. Chassis and body is all foers.

The tomcat was discovery 1 chassis, engine and running gear. Tomcat spaceframe cage welded to my chassis and fibreglass body panels.
Mike
Vehicle Builds / Re: L200LB
« Last post by Tek76 on August 17, 2018, 08:31:45 PM »
Dara says yes, Frontrunner's website says no. And I'm not opening the box until tomorrow to mock up. It also has a 2.5m awning with it, which UPS left sitting across my doorway. I'm at that point wondering if a 2m would have been a better idea!
Vehicle Builds / Re: L200LB
« Last post by JayJay on August 17, 2018, 07:32:39 PM »
Very nice Tek, any drilling involved for the install?

Sent from my S60 using Tapatalk

Communication Equipment / Re: Zello Network Radio Communication Testing
« Last post by Tek76 on August 17, 2018, 06:44:25 PM »
Cas, take a look at opensignal.com or www.nperf.com Even looking at northern norway, there's only a few spots of blackout. And as the future rolls through, with 5-6-7g these will shrink. Also NR is compatible with Iridium setups, and let's be honest, if you're that far off the map, you NEED satphone.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10