Bolingy

Author Topic: New Trailer Build  (Read 97 times)

DouglasFaulkner

New Trailer Build
« on: July 10, 2018, 01:20:17 PM »
Hi all,

I have a pretty standard Mitsubishi L200 that I go camping and greenlaning with. I have found that when camping for more than a day in one spot that I think it would be nicer to have a rig left at the site. I hate the idea of pulling a caravan around, and if/when i finally go further/offroad I want the trailer capable.
I love my pickup so I had the idea to buy a cheap pickup and cut the cab off turning the back into a trailer. anyway, what looks like the right trailer (ish) turned up at the right money.
It seems to be a 2500kg rated Ifor chassis axle and drawbar with a Landrover 130 tub bolted on.
Got it a week ago now and have dropped the drawbar so it tows better behind my very low L200 and have started sanding down and repainting the chassis.

As I continue with this I will try and post pictures.

frozenstarz

• Seagull-Expedition
Re: New Trailer Build
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2018, 05:17:23 PM »
 GJOB
nice to see this as im also contemplating a trailer project, can I ask where u got the trailer and cost?

cheers
2003 landcruiser j120 lc5: 2in lift, tough dog rear shocks, front led spotties.grabber AT2's 265/70/17

DouglasFaulkner

« Reply #2 on: July 10, 2018, 05:26:56 PM »
A person down near Blandford, he had bought it as a project and then found the rest of the family a little less enthusiastic than himself...... so gave up(probably a common problem).
I parted with £550 for it. I am reasonably happy with that money.

DouglasFaulkner

« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2018, 07:05:53 PM »
Lock box almost fitted to the front,  chassis and wheels painted.
Horntools eaglewing 2m awning fitted, but needs bringing down as it's too high.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk